What is Acne Rosacea?
Acne Rosacea is a skin infection that generally influences a few sections of face; cheeks, chin, lower portion of nose or forehead. However, this is not restricted to these areas. Acne Rosacea may influence mid-section, neck, ear and back.
Although Acne Rosacea affects both genders, females have more tendency to get prey to it than men. A study revealed that 14 million American women between the ages of 30 to 60 are affected with the rashes. Rosacea influences around 1 in 10 individuals in the UK, normally in middle age.
What Causes Rosacea?
The little blood vessels in affected areas widen and turn out to be more visible through the skin, appearing like tiny red lines (telangiectasias). Hereditary qualities may also be a cause of rosacea. Use of steroid creams on the face over a long period can trigger a condition like rosacea.
Acne Rosacea get worse when skin is exposed to sun due to harmful ultraviolet rays of sun. Extreme high or low temperatures can also irritate this condition. Taking spicy food and too much consumption of junk food will just intensify the case.
What Are The Symptoms of Acne Rosacea?
Since rosacea has such a large number of signs, researchers made five subtypes of rosacea.
- Redness of face, flushing, visible blood vessels (known as Erythema)
- Redness, swelling, and skin inflammation like acne (Papulopustular)
- Skin thickens and has an uneven surface (Phymatous)
- Eyes redness, sensitivity to light, eyelids can be swollen (Visual rosacea)
- An enlarged red nose (rhinophyma)
A few people have more than one rosacea subtype at the same time. Each subtype requires distinctive treatment.
What To Do Then …Preventive Measures:
– Keep away from solid daylight to the face. Daylight is thought to aggravate side effects.
– Use a sunblock cream on the face consistently (with a high protection factor – 30 or higher and with ultrviolet A and ultraviolet B)
– In case, you have dry skin, you can apply a hypoallergenic, non-perfumed and non-oily moisturizing cream.
– Likewise, you ought to by and large abstain from utilizing any steroid creams (unless suggested by your specialist).
– Avoid smoking, nourishment and drink that cause flushing, (for example, hot sustenance, hot refreshments, and mixed beverages), and different triggers, for example, temperature extremes minimizes side effects.
Medical Treatment of Acne Rosacea:
There is little evidence that medication has any effect on curing rosacea. Some treatments may work to improve the facial redness. However, it is agreed upon that medical treatment can prevent Acne Rosacea from worsen up and can ease the symptoms and give relaxation to patient. Treatment lessen the skin inflammation like acne, redness, and the quantity of flare-ups.
- Topical antibiotics such as metronidazole, and oral antibiotics such as tetracycline, are commonly used to give soothing effect to skin.
- Short-term topical cortisone (steroid) may also be used to reduce skin inflammation.
- To treat mild-to-moderate spots, topical azelaic acid is another option to use. However, some people find that it can cause side-effects such as burning, stinging, itching, scaling and dry skin.
- Ivermectin cream is also used occasionally to remove acne rosacea. It works by killing the mite Demodex folliculorum and also reduce inflammation of skin.
- Rosacea may cause bumpy nose (rhinophyma). If it occurs, surgical or laser treatment usually works well to remove this type of acne rosacea.
If you do not respond to any of these treatments, other therapies are sometimes given in specialist clinics. Remember that treatments vary from person to person. Much of it depends on what symptoms one develops. Another important factor is that these treatments may need to be adjusted over time, depending on your response to treatments and if you develop different symptoms.
What Are the Effects of Acne Rosacea?
Acne Rosacea can affect more than your skin and eyes. Since rosacea is a chronic skin disease, it may have adverse effects on a person’s quality of life. Feelings of frustration, embarrassment and anxiety flare up the problems of life and may result in depression and low self-esteem. Many individuals report issues at work, in their marriage, and with meeting new persons.
Products For Acne Rosacea I Recommended:
To all my relatives, friends, and subscribers, I recommend “Acne Creme” and a complete acne handbook “Acne Remedies Guide” for effective results
Read my full review about these products by Clicking Here.